News & Events
April 2018 Newsletter
Membership Fees Due on April 22nd
Please log-in to your account as soon as possible to pay your 2018 membership dues. Payments received after April 22nd will be assessed a $50.00 late fee. While you are on the site, please verify all of your account information and make any corrections needed. Please double check the names and birth dates of your children. You can also add additional email addresses for those that want to receive notices from us. You may need to delete family members who are no longer active or add children/new members to your invoice. Please take a moment to include Emergency Contact information as well. We are required to have this on file.
If you have any questions or need assistance with any changes please contact Ryan Kennedy at membership@hollinmeadows.
Guest Fees 2016/Guest Credits 2017: You will receive a separate paper invoice for 2017 guest passes this year. Please make sure that is paid as soon as possible and before Opening Day at the very latest.
For summer of 2018, we will sell guest credits online. Guest credits must be purchased in advance of bringing guests to the pool. You will need to purchase guest passes before you arrive to the pool. No money can be accepted at the pool. Guest credits will immediately be added to your account and available when you bring a guest to the front desk.
Family Friendly Spring Social
We know we’re rushing it, but we just can’t wait for Summer! Join us on Sunday, April 22ndfrom 2 to 5:00 pm for fun in the moon bounce, activities and crafts for our younger members and food and drinks for the whole family. Please RSVP by April 19th.
A tradition at our community pool is for our members from kids to seniors to lend a hand to move some mulch and get our gardens and grounds in tiptop shape. Add in some BBQ and beverages and you have our grounds workday. It is a great way to feel like part of the club, see friends you haven’t seen all winter and get a little dirt on your hands. Our grounds workday will be Sunday, May 6th this year (10:00 a.m, to 4:00 p.m.) and we look forward to seeing everyone there. Details from our new Grounds Chair Chris Crowell will come later this spring.
Job and Volunteer Opportunities
Contact our Operations Chair Mr. Matthew Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Lifeguards – Interested in life guarding this summer at HMSTC? Must be 16 years or older, training will be arraigned by our Pool Management Company, High Sierra. Members and neighbors are guaranteed position at out pool.
- Gate Guards – We are Hiring Gate Guards. Must be 14 Yeas old, understand computers, be a team player, and want to work at least 8 hours a week. Pay starts at $7.25 / hour, flexible shifts, lots of hours for those that want them, and pre/post season work opportunities for those interested.
Facilities Chair and Assistant Member Chair Needed
The HMSTC Board is currently looking for a member to fill our Facilities Chair position. If you are interested in volunteering and joining the Board, please contact Brian Wild as soon as possible. As we head into our biggest recruitment and enrollment period, it is critical that we identify a member to take on this leadership position and help continue to grow our HMSTC family.
In addition, we are seeking an assistant Membership Chair to support our membership efforts this spring and throughout 2018. This role has a variety of duties including interfacing with new and prospective members, supporting the Membership Chair and Board including joining our monthly Board Meetings, and overall helping to strengthen our membership and community
Looking for Volunteers
For several of our board members, 2018 will be their last year. In anticipation of this board turnover I would like to expand our current board meetings to include any member interested in participating in our meetings, and learn the ropes and roles so that in 2019 we can have a smooth transition for several new board members including a new incoming president. Our board meetings are typically held at 7:00PM on the second Monday of every month. These meetings are fun and social events. Anybody that would like to attend please reach out to me directly at email@example.com
Long Term Planning Committee: We continue to look for specialized expertise on the Long-Term Planning Committee — including an Attorney (preferably familiar with state & local laws and tax law), marketing experience, and fund-raising expertise. If you have any of these skill sets and are interested in participating in the Long Term Planning Committee, please contact our Membership Chair – Ryan Kennedy at membership@hollinmeadows.
This year we will offer three sessions of Group Swim Lessons. You can sign up for one or more of these two-week sessions. For your planning purposes, here are the dates of the three sessions. Each session consists of 1/2 hour lessons Monday through Thursday for two weeks at 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Friday is a make-up session if weather forces cancellation of a Mon-Thur lesson. Look for details on cost and how to sign up on our website in a few days.
Session 1: June 18-28
Session 2: July 2-12
Session 3: July 16-26
The Barracudas will compete in Division 9 again this year. The Swim Team Committee has been busy planning fun events for the upcoming season. Check out our website for a full calendar of events which includes details with dates and times at www.hmbarracudas.com. Here are some NEW items to highlight so you are aware of a few changes from past seasons:
- April 22 Registration Begins! In the past we have had swimmers try-on and purchase swimsuits before Winter Swim at the MV Rec Center. However, this year suit try-ons will take place at the HMSTC social event at our pool from 2:00-5:00pm. Come to the event, socialize with fellow members, and visit the swim team table to try-on suits, purchase goggles, caps, etc. and get more information about our team.
- May 30 is the 1st practice of the season. NEW THIS YEAR, to be in compliance with the NVSL’s requirement for each swimmer to complete a Participation Waiver, no swimmer may practice without first registering for the team. You must register your swimmer(s) before they can attend practice.
- June 22 NEW THIS YEAR! The Barracudas will participate in a Swim-A-Thon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We will have our kick-off party on June 22nd during the Pep Rally. Swimmers will ask businesses, neighbors, friends, and family members for pledges for laps they swim.
- July 10 All Barracudas are asked to participate in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Swim-A-Thon at HMSTC during regularly scheduled practice times. Swimmers swim as many laps as they can to collect money to go toward blood cancer research. This is an excellent opportunity for our swimmers to grow team spirit, build endurance and give back to the community! #Swim4LLS
If you have any questions or need more information about the HM Swim Team contact Sara Petretich, Team Rep and Board Rep, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so excited to start our summer Tennis Program. So excited in fact that we are starting early! We have scheduled repairs and cleaning to our front courts so they will be tip top shape by opening day. Our Tennis program is flourishing under the leadership of the newly formed Tennis Board. Our offerings this summer are extensive as always, and we have even added new offerings for our youth. Below are our board members, if you have questions about anything please don’t hesitate to ask. Please visit the website for more details about registration.
Alicia Day Javkhlan – Chair, email@example.com
Nelson Lobo- Co-Chair
Mutsa Etling & Patty Gill – Jr Tennis Team Reps
Julie Rios & Jane Runnells – Tennis Adult Social
Maggie Towne -Women’s Tennis League
This year, we will be offering:
- Junior Tennis Team
- Youth Clinics (including evening options)
- Thursday Tennis Fun Night
- Adult Clinics (Tactics, Stroke of the Week, Cardio)
- Women’s Tennis Team
- Round Robins
Junior Tennis Team Practice Schedule
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday – All Ages 3:00-6pm (overlapping practice times for varying school dismissal times)
June 18th-August 3rd
Team practices 12 and Under
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 12:30-1:30pm
Team practices 13 and Up (and experienced 12’s)
Monday,Tuesday and Thursday 1:30 – 2:30pm
Matches will be played on Wednesday mornings and Sunday evenings against other Mt. Vernon area clubs.
Youth Clinic Schedule:
Tennis Basics Ages 5-7
Beginner class for new players. This class is designed for children ages 5-7, allowing fun and learning to socialize! Fundamentals, Friends and Fun!
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (10-10:45am)
- Wednesday 11:30-12:15pm
- Evenings: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6-6:45pm
Road to Rally Ages 8-10
This group is the advanced version of Road to Red. They will train and learn competitive play and have fun transferring to Orange Ball.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (10:45-11:30am)
- Wednesday 12:15-1pm
- Evenings: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 6-6:45
New!! Tennis Fun Nights Ages 5+ 7:45-8:45pm
- Join Coach Kelly on Thursday nights for Tennis fun!!
- Games, relays, pickleball, fun and more!
- No prior experience necessary
Adult Tennis Tactics
Players with little exposure to tennis will be introduced to proper grips, basic swing motion for all strokes, rules, and scoring. A combination of dead and live ball drills to work on consistency, accuracy and strength will be used. This class is a great way to get started out on the courts and refine what you are already doing well. Tuesdays from 6:45-7:45pm.Weekly price: $30. Full session: $180.
Stroke of the Week Class
This class will focus on one particular and different stroke each week to help you fine tune your game. There will be a combination of dead and live all drills. Thursdays from 6:45-7:45pm. FREE!!
Cardio Tennis Class
Cardio Tennis is a great way for players to enjoy the game. In about an hour you can get an AMAZING workout, socialize and enjoy tennis all at once! Tuesdays from 7:45-8:45pm.Drop in: $30. Full session: $180.
Saturday Evening Social Round Robins
A fun, social round robin. Bring the whole family and enjoy playing tennis or just come out to socialize. FREE!! Saturday’s 6pm.
- June 23
- July 21
- August 11
- August 25
Women’s Tennis League
- Matches played Wednesday & Friday mornings
- Local Mt. Vernon pools
- Match play at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- See website for more information
HMSTC Emails in Junk Mail
One challenge we’re still working through is that many of our emails ending up in junk mail or promotional mail. Please be diligent about checking spam and junk folders for our emails, as well as following us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and the Website. Everything you need to know will always be posted there!
Follow HMSTC on Social Media
As part of our ongoing efforts to keep members engaged and up-to-date, HMSTC is on Facebook, Twitter: @